Inexperienced business travelers are often wary of “one bag travel,” worrying that their trip may be sabotaged by the lack of an item they neglected to pack.
Fear not, rookie traveler!
With a little planning, you’ll avoid embarrassing oversights and many of the hassles that plague less frequent passengers, like checking and retrieving of extra luggage, paying excess and oversized baggage fees, and dragging multiple bags through security checkpoints.
One of the keys to successful one bag business travel is choosing the right “departure outfit.” Men should wear dark, slip-on dress shoes, dark permanent-press slacks, a dress oxford or golf shirt, and a versatile sports jacket. Women should wear the feminine equivalent.
Remember that when you travel in an appropriate business outfit, you’ll have one fewer to pack.
Another key is investing in a Travelpro 20″ Crew 8 Wide Body Expandable, which offers the packing capacity of a 22″ carry-on and an intelligently designed business organizer with a padded computer sleeve. It also comes equipped with a hidden security pocket for items like passports, money, or jewelry.
Other proven one bag business travel tips include:
- Select neutral colors so your outfits are easier to match, and limit yourself to two pairs of shoes.
- Carefully consider each piece of clothing in your wardrobe and how important it is, or how frequently you will wear it. Can it be borrowed or bought at your destination?
- Pack using the “bundle” method. Wrap clothes around large objects (such as bags of toiletries or pairs of shoes), rather than folding or rolling clothes. The bundle method saves the most space and also prevents wrinkling. If any wrinkling does occur, steam your clothing by hanging it in your hotel bathroom while running the shower as hot as possible.
- Make sure you comply with the TSA’s “3-1-1” rule, which allows travelers to carry-on one quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag containing 3.4 ounce (100 ml) bottles of the gels and liquids. You’ll breeze through security by placing the quart-sized bag in the screening bin which airport security X-rays separately.
One bag business travel enables you to reach your destination fresh and ready to succeed, not stressed and worried about your belongings.
- What To Pack When Backpacking Europe (travelproluggageblog.com)
- Downsizing! (light4lyf.wordpress.com)
- Self Weighing Luggage launched to aid Business Travellers in 2011 (prweb.com)
- The Art of Packing (inanirishhome.wordpress.com)